CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position contributes to the Mission and Vision of CHI Health by serving as a supervisor with oversight of the day to day activities of their operations and team members. Provides management support to plan, organize and lead resources with assigned team members; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the department. Participates in operationalizing CHI Health Strategic Initiatives and priorities. Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Commitments of CHI Health.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
2. Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
3. Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
4. Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
5. Oversees quality of patient care to assure delivery of individualized nursing care. Reviews and follows up on incident reports. Makes timely recommendations for improvements and revisions. Provides education to staff as needed.
6. Oversees patient care delivery to maximize patient/family satisfaction and minimize risk of injury or negative outcomes to patients or employees. Directs staff during emergency situations. Acts as an advocate for patients and family members. Acts a a resource for staff.
7. Assures timely, accurate and complete assessment, intervention, and documentation in the medical record and care plan. Utilizes computer assessments and care planning tools.
8. Responds to patient, campus and office concerns to make sure resolution is achieved and quality of care is maintained.
9. Serves as technology superuser. Assists in orienting and training new staff. Serves as a resource to team.
10. Other duties as assigned by leader and organization.
Must hold a valid RN compact multistate or single state license to practice in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.