To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Data Domain Solution Architect
Apex Systems • Greenville, SC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Data Domain Architect
Location: Greenville, SC
Duration: 5 Months (however Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment)
The senior solutions architect will be responsible for designing, documenting and maintaining the storage and/or the backup/restore infrastructure in order to meet agreed upon SLAs. Additionally, the architect will be responsible for modifying measuring and reporting tools as required for customer SLA sign-off. The architect will integrate operational best practices in order to merge the customer’s storage operations with the storage managed services run book. The architect will be required to maintain a strong knowledge of emerging storage technologies and to provide input to the team and customer regarding continuous improvement opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Shares ownership of operational responsibility for storage provisioning and availability at the customer site(s) with the storage delivery manager. Provisions storage based on standardized procedures detailed in the operational run book and to meet customer agreed upon SLAs.
- Monitors employee job performance through direct observation, coaching, counseling and motivation to maximize the customer’s experience
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be delivered in an engagement
- Translate high-level requirements into specific designs for large-scale, high-performance storage systems and distributed computing environments
- Design steps will include requirements analysis, performance analysis, benchmarking and bandwidth analysis, detailed design of the system
- Equipment integration steps include system configuration, system component testing, network testing, benchmarking, test procedure development and system integration
- Other tasks may include creating and maintaining bill of materials and interconnect diagrams, supporting site surveys and facility work in preparation of delivery of hardware to sites, helping with the resolution of system issues at deployed sites, and developing the appropriate documentation
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- Appropriate understanding of computer architecture
- Communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of job associated database/software documentation
- Organizational skills
- Analytical ability
Education Required: Bachelors (Tech) or equivalent
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178