To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Voorhees, NJ 08043
- NFI Industries
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Business Analyst II
NFI Industries (Corporate) • Voorhees, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for working as part of a team or individually to implement solutions and systems in support of NFI customers and Operations. Key responsibilities include the ability to work independently on assigned tasks including system configuration, solutions testing, developing and maintaining documentation, resolving issues, and providing support to Operations' users. This position reports to a Manager level role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Transportation Management System configuration, data integration, reporting and documentation for new startup customers and existing customer demand.
- Responsible for solution testing (internal and external) to include; unit testing, integration testing, and coordination and support of user-acceptance.
- Lead small projects as assigned working closely with a Manager or Senior Business Analyst.
- Participate in design sessions. Provide recommendations and alternative approaches and solutions.
- Maintain and update documentation in alignment with the common framework.
- Ability to identify and resolve system issues including root cause analysis.
- Ability to train the trainers and end-users on system usage.
- Facilitate the transition of customers to the Ongoing Demand and Support Services Teams upon completion of start-up requirements.
- Utilize project management methodologies consistent with the common framework.
- Continuously find ways to improve processes, execution, and delivery.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team, demonstrate a strong Team commitment
- Outstanding problem solving abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to be a proactive problem solver
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and tools quickly and thoroughly
- Degree - BA / BS strongly preferred
- 5+ years industry experience 3rd party logistics, warehousing and/or transportation a plus
- 5+ years software solution design and implementation
- 5+ years project management
- 5+ years customer support
- 5+ years' software solution design and implementation experience on ERP, WMS or Transportation Management Systems.
- Ability to analyze and clearly articulate possible solutions. Review environment with a clear understanding of both operations and systems to identify areas of improvement.
- Must understand the technologies, solutions and development options available for the solution. Manager will be used as a decision maker on solution design and implementation.
- Ability to establish a deep knowledge and understanding of the job specific system(s), both tier 1 & tier 2.
- Will be utilized as knowledge expert on the application for existing processes and needed improvements.
- Ability to reinforce correct processes with the job specific system(s) to the users with explanations of why it is necessary.
- Ability to manage deliverables of a project or manage a small project holistically.
- Ability to utilize proven project management methodologies to engage and interact with all necessary participants.
- Ability to move the project forward and get the necessary reviews and approvals to continue progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Key aspect of the position is the ability to document accurately and holistically.
- Communications must be clear to all audience members and provide opportunity for feedback concerning the content.
- Ability to manage customer support issues through completion.
- Understanding of customer support methods and a sense of ownership for resolving the issues.
- Basic understanding of computing technologies including PC usage, windows, printing configuration, application configuration settings and productivity software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Develop an understanding of the networking technologies utilized and how they can be leveraged in solutions.
- A good understanding of the EDI technologies, data mapping and data flow.
- Job Specific System(s) experience a plus
- Requires up to 10-20% travel based on business requirements