To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Detroit, MI
Posted 19 hours ago
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
We seek a machining expert—including veterans with military machining experience—to drive process improvement within MSC’s manufacturing customers. In this pivotal role, you will work with our field and inside sales teams and apply your metalworking and industry knowledge to provide insight and expertise to help our customers (industries such as aerospace, automotive, medical, general machining, etc.) become more efficient by utilizing the best metalworking tool manufacturers in the world.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Use your specialized machining expertise to advance success with an industry leader.
- Work closely in the field with our manufacturing customers applying tools that deliver process improvements and documented cost savings.
- Actively support the achievement of metalworking (MW) sales for your geographical area of responsibility.
- Develop relationships and partner with our key suppliers to drive metalworking growth and customer support.
- Drive accelerated MW sales growth and technical MW support within identified MW target accounts.
- Support Competitive Advantage Program (vending) customer opportunities to help achieve MW growth and reach cost savings goals.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to maintain and manage a tool test opportunity funnel and document cost savings.
- Provide technical support to our MSC sales team for metalworking application opportunities, coordinate local supplier support for tool testing and provide local exclusive brand technical and brand support.
WHAT IT TAKES
The machining expert we seek should have these qualifications—relevant military machining experience is applicable.
- At least 2 years of machining applications experience or demonstrated proficiency in MW applications
- Solid communication skills, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of customers within manufacturing facilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel with potential overnights
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior field sales experience with a distributor or metalworking tooling manufacturer is preferred, as is experience with machining productivity improvement or cost savings initiatives
- Well-rounded proficiency across broad range of metalworking applications
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.