To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY 40177
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Experis • Louisville, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Manage the production units material, manpower, and equipment resources for safe and efficient conversion of raw materials into specification products. Formulate and implement tactical manufacturing operating plans which will ensure meeting the Companys business and economic plans for the plant.
- Safety and Environmental--- Continuous improvement in safety performance through continued safety awareness and the prevention of unsafe acts. Maintain operations to meet current environmental regulations and develop plans for meeting future requirements.
- Quality---- Continuous improvement in quality through the implementation of SPC and ISO 9000 quality requirements. Performance traditionally measured by non-prime, off-spec., and PCU.
- Productivity----Manage the production unit to meet schedule requirements while maintaining the costs at or below budget levels. Improve employee output through optimizing operations and minimizing manpower.
- Supervision--- Monitor activities of salary personnel, evaluate on a regular basis, and provide coaching where necessary. Develop staff members to improve effectiveness in current positions and to become prepared for future opportunities. Communicate company objectives to all employees. Maintain labor-management relations by adherence to the contract while implementing changes to minimize labor costs.
- Responsibilities include OSHA and Safety, Procedural, Operational, and/or work procedure training of personnel both for initial and re-certification, qualified through either formal training or operational experience.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility's operation and ensures that customers' (both internal and external) needs are met. Adhere to the quality system.
- Maintains adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
- Manages and coordinates preparedness for emergency response.
- Manages energy efficiency of production processes.
- Works effectively with other departments within the company including business teams, Tech Service, Maintenance, and Accounting to meet the needs of all customers -- internal and external.
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Responsible for ensuring the areas are in compliance with applicable environmental/safety/health regulations, and requirements.
- Ensure that the Polymerization production areas are manufacturing products at the highest quality, most cost effective, and most productive.
- Develop area personnel through goal setting, training, and achievement of job certification. Continually update tasks procedures, tests, and other training/certification material. Ensure performance feedback is provided for all personnel.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures in support of the areas productivity, safety, environmental, maintenance, quality, and cost reduction objectives.
- Manage systems to maintain ISO certification, ensure production of high quality products using 5S and continuous improvement.
- Develop department annual budget goals and accomplishment of Profit Enhancement Cost Control Objectives. Responsible for achieving area goals and objectives.
- Maintain area morale and communication by providing area objectives, interacting with operators daily and providing constant feedback.
- Works effectively to meet the business needs of technical, sales/marketing, and other departments.
- Coordinate activities (production, maintenance, inventories, manpower, etc.) with foreman, engineers and plant personnel.
- Actively participate in process improvements and organizational effectiveness groups including business planning, process improvements, and plant strategy.
- Work with Management Team to help set plant wide goals, requirements, and direction.
- Develop and maintain accurate, complete production data. Report production information horizontally and vertically in the organization.
Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering - MBA or Business Degree a Plus
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)