SENIOR NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER: The Select Group is seeking a Firewall/VPN Design Engineer in Quantico, VA. An Active Secret Clearance is required for the postion. Additionally, all candidates must obtain a DOD 8570 Compliant IAT Level III Certification (see for list of acceptable certifications: URL blocked - click to apply)
SENIOR NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- An Active Secret Clearance
- An IAT Level III Certification
- 8+ years of professional experience in IT with a focus in networking
- Knowledge/experience with ITIL best practices
- Experience with Incident, Problem, Change, and Availability Management.
- Able to manage active change tickets from creation through close-out by performing the following: ticket entry, audits, workflow advancement, schedule review boards, document approvals and denials, and ticket closure.
- Experience with project management support duties specific to engineering
SENIOR NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize ITIL best practices to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with IT and business strategic objectives.
- Responsible for Incident, Problem, Change, and Availability Management.
- Identify events, incidents, and problems and prioritize response based on mission impact and situational urgency.
- Provide recommendations on IT requirements, designs, tests, analyses, implementations, deployments, sustainment, and risk management.
- Facilitate overall project management support for engineering, to include: maintain Government data using tools such as Remedy, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft SharePoint; monitor Integrated Master Schedules (IMS); prepare and distribute agendas, presentation material, meeting minutes, briefings, monthly reports, ad hoc reports, and meeting handouts.
- Provide Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs) for designated projects initiatives including: plans, training materials, process improvement, conflict resolution processes, customer feedback processes, and trend analysis.
- Designate the appropriate Subject Matter Expert (SME) participation within engineering sections to attend meetings, provide input, and coordinate priorities, schedules.
About The Select Group:
We are TSG - a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our URL blocked - click to apply or visit us at URL blocked - click to apply Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the URL blocked - click to apply
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Network Planning And Design
File Transfer Protocol (Ftp)