Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study. We're looking for someone who is eager to make a difference in our students' lives. You can get paid to feel fulfilled at work.
Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Center's HVAC/Boiler System and assisting with other facility maintenance duties as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Center's HVAC/Boiler operation to ensure maximum efficiency and optimum operation.
- Maintains necessary logs of all shift activity, monitoring, etc. troubleshoots problems as they occur, following procedures prescribed by the manufacturer and follows prescribed emergency procedures in the event of problems.
- If applicable, operates the Center's Water Treatment. Conducts periodic random tests of the Center water supply to ensure potability.
- Monitor the Center's HVAC system throughout the assigned shift, conduct various tests in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer to ensure that the HVAC system operates trouble free, change heat pump and HVAC system filters, clean strainers, and check contacts and relays for each unit throughout the center per Center preventives maintenance plan, inspect and clean drain pans, coils, and fans as required by the manufacturer and maintain water treatment for the cooling tower.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on the heating, cooling, and heat pump loops. Undertake repairs, replacement and corrective action of facility HVAC system and equipment. Oversee and verify work performed by outside contractors. Maintain required code and safety requirements.
- Assist other Maintenance/Logistics staff in a variety of facility maintenance activities.
- Provides supervision and training to Job Corps' Work Based Learning and Leisure Time Student Workers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have work experience demonstrating use of mechanical skills and understanding of the principles of pressure, volume and temperature.
- Certificate in HVAC and boiler and/or pressure vessel monitoring and operation.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- Per year: 11 paid Holidays, 10 days paid vacation, 10 paid sick days and 1 paid day off
- Commuter Benefits & shuttle service (varies)
- Free & ample parking
- Meals in our fantastic cafeteria cost $2.50
Any questions about this or any other job opportunity, please email HR at Treasure Island Job Corps Center.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.