Requisition ID: 13614
Functional Area: Merchandising
Posting Locations: Easton
Merchandising Supervisor for our Easton, Maryland Facility
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional Sales & Merchandising team! Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC), the largest independent bottler in the US, is looking for a Merchandising Supervisor!
Things you should know about working as a Merchandising Supervisor:
This position is responsible for providing leadership, hiring, coaching and training of bulk merchandisers. This position is responsible for covering multiple stores within a designated district within a Retail Sales Area.
The merchandising supervisor will report directly to the District Sales Manager. Success in this role requires collaboration between direct reports, customers, Account Developers and all cross functional partners within the CCBCC framework. The merchandising supervisor will be responsible for attending meetings and market visits with key decision makers in various chains to foster strong relationships within the marketplace.
- This role reports to our Distribution and Sales Center located in Easton, MD.
- The sales territory encompasses parts of Central and North Delaware as well as Easton, MD and surrounding areas.
- Work Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, off on Friday and Saturday. Work shift starts as early as 5 am.
What would success look like?
- Inspect performance of bulk merchandisers by visiting accounts to ensure performance meets CCBCC standards
- Conduct a minimum of four market execution R.E.D. days per week to lead, teach and coach direct reports
- Maintain proper staffing levels to ensure optimal customer service thru effective hiring, training, and coaching of full and part time bulk merchandisers
- Review MARS reports to optimize efficiencies while not inhibiting customer service
- Track and assign action items based on opportunities identified through MARS reporting
- Work with District Sales Managers and Field Operations Managers to develop various schedules that utilize resources that optimize customer service and efficiencies
- Ensure collaboration with Account Developers to discuss merchandising performance, opportunities and offer suggestions for continuous improvement and increasing sales
- Manage weekly and monthly goals against Cases Per Hour, Unproductive Pulls, Safety, Overtime and Customer Service to ensure we are not only meeting, but exceeding, our customer’s expectations
- Align daily and weekly merchandising operations to adhere to sales needs
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- An understanding of the different functions of each sales discipline and how they relate to each other to ensure the achievement of overall business objectives of the branch
- Ability to work as a team player
- Leadership skills: influencing, teambuilding, recognizing others
- Managerial courage and good demonstrated solving abilities
- High School diploma required
- Ability to walk accounts up to 8 hours per day and must be able to lift 50 lbs as necessary with training of merchandisers or assisting in servicing an account
- Four-year degree preferred
- Candidates with previous sales and delivery experience, and experience managing a part-time work force is preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license for your state of residency with an excellent driving records in the past 7 years (report will be reviewed).
- Must have a personal vehicle available to use for work.
- Must show proof of insurance policy to verify current coverage of liability and property damage at no less than $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence/$50,000 property damage and $500 or less Deductible effective from first day of employment.
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.