Required Security Clearance:
Potential for Teleworking:
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement:
IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement:
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement:
DoD CSSP Requirement:
CSSP Auditor (CySA+, CEH, CISA, GSNA)
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
- Install, configure, and maintain the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) framework and associated product suites.
- Assist with major version upgrades of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) servers and clients.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Work with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan lifecycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Identify and manage network and system vulnerabilities and security events
- Receive, acknowledge, disseminate, track, report (daily/weekly, and update vulnerability management (VM) alerts, vulnerability assessments, red/blue team events, security incidents, and the VM common operating picture (VM COP)
- Provide inspection services across the enterprise on behalf of the organization’s Special Enclave (SE) program manager
- Support or perform global DoD inspections of GENSER and SE (e.g., JWICS) services to ensure compliance to DoDI 8530 standards
Skills and Tasks
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and additional Requirements
- Apply Standard Characteristics of Labor Category Capability Levels.
Education and Experience
- HS/GED + 12 years
- Associates Degree + 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years
- Master’s Degree + 6 years
- PhD + 4 years
Certified Ethical Hacker
Systems And Network Auditor Certification
Giac Security Essentials Certification
Certified Information Security Manager