Mid-level Web Application Developer
- Full-stack Java development on custom applications.
- Custom development on the Atlassian product stack
- As-needed production support on systems of responsibility.
- Strong experience with enterprise Java development
- High level of knowledge on popular enterprise Java web containers (Servlet API 3.0+) such as Tomcat.
- Experience developing web applications in a Linux environment
- Experience with Java Spring Framework (4.0+)
- Troubleshooting skills such as reviewing logs, attaching a debugger, analyzing network traffic.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and 508 accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of modern front-end development using frameworks including React and Angular 5+
- Familiarity with web security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10).
- Working knowledge of SQL and understanding of RDBMSs.
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum software practices.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of JUnit and similar advanced unit testing
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and other continuous integration tools.
- Experience developing against the Atlassian solution stack
- Experience working with Microsoft .Net
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (or other cloud provider) service offerings
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation.
- 5 years of experience with undergraduate degree
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a as a Federal government clearance check as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Java (Programming Language)