Mid-level Web Application Developer
- Full-stack Java development on custom applications.
- Custom development on the Atlassian product stack
- As-needed production support on systems of responsibility.
- Strong experience with enterprise Java development
- High level of knowledge on popular enterprise Java web containers (Servlet API 3.0+) such as Tomcat.
- Experience developing web applications in a Linux environment
- Experience with Java Spring Framework (4.0+)
- Troubleshooting skills such as reviewing logs, attaching a debugger, analyzing network traffic.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and 508 accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of modern front-end development using frameworks including React and Angular 5+
- Familiarity with web security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10).
- Working knowledge of SQL and understanding of RDBMSs.
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum software practices.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of JUnit and similar advanced unit testing
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and other continuous integration tools.
- Experience developing against the Atlassian solution stack
- Experience working with Microsoft .Net
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (or other cloud provider) service offerings
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation.
- 5 years of experience with undergraduate degree
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a as a Federal government clearance check as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Java (Programming Language)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 974293
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile