Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
140 miles west of Detroit and 50 miles south of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo is a city in southern Michigan. The Kalamazoo Valley Museum offers science, technology and history exhibits, plus a planetarium. American and European art form the core collection of the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. To the south, the Air Zoo museum features vintage aircraft, flight simulators and rides. The multi-use Kalamazoo River Valley Trail runs through the city, linking parks and nearby communities.
The Evergreen Packaging Kalamazoo Carton Converting Facility is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with easy access to the beautiful Great Lakes region and the cities of Chicago and Detroit. Opened in 1952 and employing 175 team members, the facility prints and die cuts gable top cartons for a variety of national and regional brands, primarily supplying important dairy nutrition to schoolchildren throughout the US.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Process Engineer/Training Leader
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions business and is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Our business is committed to consistently delivering the highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day while creating value for our customers and our employees.
This position will support the Kalamazoo converting plant within the North American Packaging group. The primary focus will be in driving improvement in education for the operations, troubleshooting, optimization and process improvements to help make operations safe, environmentally compliant and cost effective. This position will require the candidate to drive and inspire learning through collaboration and partnership with all levels of the organization to gain buy–in, support and self-ownership. In partnership with functional managers, the Learning Leader will be responsible for evaluating our needs and current practices and creating and delivering a learning program in classroom and production environments. The successful candidate will be able to build efficiency in the learning process using collaboration and is someone who fully supports and drives quality operations on the production floor. This is a great opportunity to learn the manufacturing process that will provide you the development and opportunities to grow within the organization.
- Active adherence to safety – Continuously
- Process Monitoring
- Assemble troubleshooting tools
- Problem investigation and troubleshooting
- Documentation of key information and noteworthy events
Special Knowledge Skills:
- Lead facility learning initiatives among hourly and salary manufacturing employees
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization to generate buy in and ownership from employees
- Ability to effectively train employees within manufacturing, highly focused on OJT (on the job learning)
- Conduct gap assessments in current learning programs
- Instruct employee learning and on boarding
- Prepare educational materials for classroom and on-the-job learning
- Communicate educational needs and online resources to the workforce
- Create educational strategies, initiatives, and materials
- Implement and evaluate effective learning programs
- Maintain the learning management system including tracking and compiling learning records
- Coordinate and monitor enrollment and ensure compliance standards are met including reporting out on metrics
- Teamwork: ability to work with others to get results and find solutions
- Knowledge of production processes
- Chemical, Mechanical, Thermodynamic and Electrical basic knowledge of process operations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Technical Degree: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial required.
- Certification from talent and learning associations a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated fully effective (or better) performance.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. “IND1P” #LI-TM1 #CB1
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Process Improvement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learning Management Systems