To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
- The Reinalt-Thomas Corporation
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Paid Media Buyer
Discount Tire Corporate Careers • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Sr. Paid Media Buyer develops a fully integrated media plan that supports Company marketing objectives. Ensures placement of advertising schedules within assigned budget and timeline is completed; determines alternate solutions to optimize advertising budget.
- Develops, buys and schedules media plans for multiple markets including, but not limited to, broadcast, print, Out of Home (OOH) and digital media in collaboration with executive stakeholders
- Communicates current media strategy to executive stakeholders
- Negotiates rates for time or space to optimize the media budget; applies standard industry best practices to create optimum buys; researches and determines evolving industry trend; recommends new processes, technologies and/or vendors.
- Ensures placement of advertising schedules within assigned budget and timeline is completed; determines alternate solutions to optimize advertising budget; reports KPIs to stakeholders ensuring profitability and vendor contract adherence.
- Ensures media is trafficked timely and accurately.
- Confirms contract fulfillment, follows up on scheduled activities, completes post-buy analysis; advises Buyers on escalated issues
- Negotiates make-goods and revises orders for unplanned schedule changes; advises Buyers on escalated issues
- Monitors media for placement and time discrepancies; approves payments; negotiates credit or billing adjustments; advises Buyers on escalated issues
- Creates and identifies innovative media recommendations for DT/AT Brand, including, but not limited to, new store openings, remodels and existing stores; collaborates with stakeholders.
- Ensures regional budget sheets are updated and maintained; guides in the justification of media spend; completes year-end analysis; recommends action based on analysis
- Researches and analyzes complex demographic data, consumer profiles and media research tools; recommends multiple media strategies
- Creates and Analyzes market profiles; recommends buys in alignment with company objectives
- Measures success metrics; applies testing methodologies; analyzes performance for campaign optimization; delivers findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Investigates and innovates use of media software capabilities through third party software or SAAS
- Mentors, coaches and trains Media Buyers
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to media buying processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years of progressively responsible omni-channel media planning and buying experience.
- Expertise in planning, buying, and placing media in multiple markets simultaneously is required; national buy experience preferred.
- Experience successfully negotiating with traditional media is necessary; negotiation skills with online media outlets preferred.
- Expertise in all media channels; including, but not limited to, television, radio, direct mail, newspaper, billboards and/or sports marketing is needed; digital channel knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive media plans and execute accurate buys needed.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Expertise with ratings methodologies, including but not limited to, television, radio, direct mail, newspaper, billboards and/or sports marketing needed; digital channel knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to research, analyze and make recommendations based on market and competitor information is required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word and Excel is necessary.
- Media software experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and media representatives in achieving marketing objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in advertising, marketing, business or related or equivalent experience.
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.