$75000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
Driven by high expectations? Check out this job! The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Candidates who would be excited to become part of a successful Hi Tech Engineering company will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department as a Controller. The full-time Controller position is situated in the Ames, Iowa area. This position is for candidates who can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. This position is for candidates who can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. This is a good role for anyone seeking exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Deep understanding of Financial Statement
- Financial statement preparation experience preferred
- Financial analysis experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.