Determines the appropriate action and executes those actions based on knowledge and experience in serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for KYC (Know Your Customer) as applied to the Wealth and Institutional Services Division and serving as liaison with Corporate Compliance EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence), FDD (Further Due Diligence), FIU (Financial Investigations Unit) teams while processing KYC Refresh cases and Requests For Information (RFIs) from Corporate Compliance.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret inputs to determine course of action. Manage conflicting priorities over a broad and variable set of responsibilities over an extended period of time.
- Communicate with internal and external business partners and related service partners in a SME capacity as required.
- Escalate to management or resolve non-standard or high risk exceptions as appropriate.
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet service level agreements and internal service delivery standards with minimal direction.
- Work independently in completing processing of complex requirements.
- Work with management to identify trends and make process improvement recommendations. Contribute ideas for process improvements and directly responsible for rollout of approved changes within the area.
- Identify, report and escalate all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities to management.
- Provide direction to and work directly with clients and client-facing staff to satisfy ongoing KYC due diligence requirements.
- Review documents, draft internal memos, and capture all relevant data for each case worked; assist management in rolling out new requirements and procedure updates.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position is within the Client Onboarding and Support Team (COAST).Education and Experience Required:
Combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience
Comfortable operating in a team environment
Experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed
Effective verbal and written communication skillsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
Minimum of 2 years' experience in financial services industry
Understanding of Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets business
Knowledge of pertinent Bank systems
Knowledge of the Bank culture
Ability to work under time constraints
Good organizational skills
Good communication skill
Prior KYC experience or experience in compliance role