To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
LINEHAUL UTILITY DRIVER-FULL TIME
Ward Trucking • Easton, PA
Posted 29 days ago
JOB TITLE: Linehaul Driver/Dock Utility
REPORTS TO: Regional Service Center Manager
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first by providing on-time, safe, and claim-free transportation of freight in assigned lanes between service center locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-time service to customers by transporting freight between service center locations in adherence to designated linehaul schedule. Drive truck to destination in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. On occasion, make pickup or delivery at a customer's location when instructed by manager.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Perform required safety inspections and ensure the vehicle is in compliance with regulations necessary to pass Roadside Safety Inspection. Perform pre-trip, enroute and post trip inspections on equipment as required by the US Department of Transportation. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately. Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
- Ensure safe transport of hazardous material in compliance with federal regulations. Check for proper preparation of shipping papers and ensure papers and markings on freight agree. Ensure the vehicle is properly placarded.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. Must maintain a safe driving record as required in P & D Manual - SAF 006.
- When required, unload and load trailer, either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment. Properly perform task to assure safety and to prevent damage to cargo. Secure load to prevent shifting, falling and damage to the freight as specified in Federal DOT Regulations 393.100 through 393.106.
- Ensure all shipment documents (manifest, bills of lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies each shipment when delivered.
- Properly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment and reports any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D. O. T. and Ward Trucking in a timely manner.
- Provide manager with feedback on work processes and the competition. Work to understand and support targeted growth plans. Read internal newsletters such as the Inside Lane, Linehaul Hotline and Driving Force to stay abreast of what's happening within the company.
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer experience. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
- Schedule start times, meals, breaks, and rest periods to meet scheduled times.
- Must participate in random DOT drug testing program.
- Must posses a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License with no pattern of moving violations/accidents in either a personal or commercial vehicle.Applicants with an "E" restriction (automatic transmission only), or "K" restriction (intrastate only) on their CDL will not be considered for hire until those restrictions have been removed from their license.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a current DOT physical card.
- Must meet DOT and company requirements related to drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a company road test.
- Two years of applicable tractor-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Must meet requirements of being 23 years of age or older
- Must have knowledge of and comply with DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, pre-trip and post-trip inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must be CDL certified with HazMat and Tank endorsements.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports, and be able to operate a mobile communications system.
- Must have a desire to serve customers and support the Ward team at the service center.
- Must meet the Company's minimum qualified driver's requirements, as defined by the Safety Department.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Must be able to accurately read gauges and dials.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab using footholds and handholds.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to 100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects, physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 75 lbs., up to 40 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 75 lbs.
- Stooping, Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Standing: Occasional
- Sitting: Frequent
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.