Sales Engineer - FlowTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Sales Engineer - Flow will be responsible for working in a fast paced, high-growth environment where resources are optimized around producing measurable results. He/she must have the breadth of experience and interest to work as an individual contributor as well as within a team environment. This is a high-visibility position with career development potential. This position reports to
Sales ManagerYour responsibilities
- Utilize knowledge of the OEM power supply industry, including typical design c requirements, competitor offerings, and application trends in the networking, telecom, servers / storage, and industrial markets.
- Support the assigned accounts c in a technical sales capacity and provide assistance to customers in identifying new opportunities for product sales
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships with engineering contacts at assigned accounts.
- Coordinate activities with the local sales manager and provide technical guidance to establish sales strategies at the assigned accounts
- Act as a customer advocate with the ability to communicate customer needs, product gaps, and concerns to the executive management level
- Provide training to field sales personnel (reps and distributors) as appropriate
- Present technology roadmap seminars to customers and communicate customers’ feedback to product management
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base
- Create new product technical requirements, work closely with R&D to guide product development, prepare data sheets and other product technical documentation, help develop product presentations and provide technical product support to customers
- Understand customer applications to determine new product features and performance needs
- Analyze competitor products and be aware of the competitive landscape
- Help develop the product and technology roadmaps
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science with 2 years of experience in solving technical issues and providing high-level customer support and value through technical expertise in the power industry
- OR a High School Diploma / GED with 10+ years of experience of related experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within the Power Electronics industry preferred
- Advanced engineering or technical degree preferred
- Position requires the ability to travel an average of 60% of the time during a typical workweek.
- Candidate must be located within the Southwest Region.
- Experience in an electronic manufacturing organization
- Background in power supply manufacturing
- Experience in power supply design
- Basic knowledge of the staged gate engineering development process
- Sound power electronics knowledge, including: AC / DC and DC / DC topologies, standard approaches used in analog and power supply circuit design, understanding of how AC / DC and DC / DC products are used in OEM systems, understanding of digital interface protocols (i.e., I2C, PMBus) and how they are used in power supplies
- Understanding of agency requirements that apply to power conversion products, such as safety agency standards, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) standards, input Surge requirements, and harmonics standards
- Lab skills, including familiarity with using basic lab instruments such multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and spectrum analyzers
- In-depth knowledge of OEM product lines and markets (Datacom, telecom, etc.)
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
In ABB’s Power Conversion division, our customers require reliable and efficient power that supports their growing infrastructure, ensuring that data flows 24x7, while optimizing their footprint, energy costs and operations. They rely on us to provide the latest industry insights and technology to develop solutions needed to meet their evolving challenges.
We are a customer-first provider of innovative critical power solutions that are designed for high reliability and performance. Our culture is one of quality and operational excellence which is fueled and supported by our talented people, tools and processes, and our “know how.”
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales Engineer - Flow http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sales Engineer - Flow
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid
- Circuit Design
- Computer Engineering
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service