We are excited to welcome a Bilingual Risk Analyst to our beautiful Portland, Maine office.
The goal of the role: Our Risk Management Analyst will monitor merchant activity in order to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, potential loss and chargebacks in accordance with company and department standards. Interpret and apply MasterCard and Visa regulations for all dispute situations. Maintain all SLAs related to risk management with EVO’s merchants, ISO’s Alliance Partners and Business Partners.
What will you be doing?
• Monitoring merchant activity in order to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, potential loss and chargebacks
• Reviewing detail transaction history for the merchant using E-safe system
• Analyzing transactions, financial information, internal reports and unusual processing trends for potential fraud and credit risks
• Making real time/on-line decisions through risk systems justifying all recommendations
• Reviewing and researching transaction exceptions per approval account parameters on credit card processing activity as outlined in company guidelines and procedures (i.e. over the merchant’s average ticket, month-to-date volume is over contractual amount, invalid authorization code, etc.)
• Forwarding daily reports of the transaction exceptions to Management within 24-48 hours upon receipt of merchant required documentation
• Reviewing and processing merchant data for investigations using internal systems
• Corresponding with merchants, banks and consumers both in writing (using form letters), and via the telephone as necessary for transaction verification and to investigate possible risk issues
• Resolving merchant issues and put to closure on all escalated calls initiated from assigned accounts
• Submitting all risk files to manager within five (5) business days from assigned date to avoid any legal ramifications
• Participating in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in the department goals
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA)
• Adhere to privacy, confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA)
• Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
You could be a great fit with these qualifications:
• Requires High School or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1 year of business experience in banking or finance industry; preferably credit card processing. Associates’ degree or pursuing equivalent of a college degree preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish and English required
• Basic knowledge of MasterCard and Visa card processing regulations and chargeback a plus
• Knowledge of company processes, standards, systems and programs a plus
• Self-starter and detail oriented
• Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
• Possess good professional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Able to handle heavy workload assignment and multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines
• Must have positive attitude and good customer service skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong keyboarding and data entry skills alpha and numeric with accuracy
• Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn
• internal and external systems such as: Electronic Data Systems (EDS), Exception
• Management Systems (EMS) and On-line Customer System
• Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check
Join the team behind one of the world's largest financial technology providers. EVO Payments Inc. is a leading publicly traded payments processor servicing 600,000 merchants, and licenses across 50 countries in Europe and North America.
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Attention To Detail