To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax County, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Big Data Engineer
ECS Federal, LLC • Fairfax County, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Big Data Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
In this role you will work directly with ECS' most strategic customers on critical projects to help them migrate their businesses to cloud environments. Your primary responsibility will be the designing, architecting, and implementing of big data solutions that will suit the customer's data analysis needs. We also expect that you will be a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest means for gaining value from utilizing big data technologies.
You possess a diverse background with big data solutions in areas such as architecture design, ETL/analytic development, and cluster performance tuning. To be successful, you know how to navigate ambiguity and have extensive experience working with big data technologies.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Must have an active/ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Must be US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 5 years of hands-on experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with direct, hands-on, day-to-day experience with one or more technologies to include:
- Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Flume, MongoDB, Redshift, BigQuery, Presto
- 5 years of experience writing software or scripts in one of the following programming languages:
- Experience in data and Information Lifecycle Management - especially as it relates to Big Data; hands-on experience using and/or managing large databases
- Understand data encoding and serialization techniques including the use of Protobuf, Thrift, Avro, Parquet, and ORC
- Experience with Data Warehousing, batch or real-time event processing and ETL workflows solutions which could include architecture, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems
- Effective presentation skills, and the ability to independently meet with clients. Superior communications skills in both verbal and written form are a must
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience deploying Big Data solutions with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.