Research Associate II (S. San Francisco, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting temp. opportunity to work as a Research Associate II at an innovative, entrepreneurial and well-known Pharmaceutical company located in the South San Francisco. Join this team of employees who are helping to improve healthcare by developing and manufacturing pharmaceutical products that positively affect the lives of patients.
Temporary Assignment for 1 year (may possibly extend up to 3 years)
Full-Time (40 hours a week), Monday-Friday
We have an opening for a temporary position in Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology. This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of the development of a novel cell-based screening platform for early stage small molecule lead discovery.
- The candidate will be expected to develop and validate a robust cellular assay to support high throughput screening for small molecule drug leads.
- The candidate will be involved in the development of a triage strategy to prioritize molecules of interest from the initial screening hits, and will be responsible for recommending top leads to the team based on this data.
- The candidate will likely also be expected to design experiments to understand the mechanism of action of tool compounds and lead compounds of interest.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate results clearly in both written and oral form, and will need to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of scientists contributing to the team.
The candidate must have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field related to cell biology. Preferably 3+ years wet lab experience in cancer biology or a related field in either an academic or industry setting.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can critically analyze and interpret data relevant to the effect of small molecules on cell biology, and effectively communicate that knowledge with other team members. Experience with cellular assays and tissue culture is a must. We would prefer experience with luciferase detection, BRET, fluorescent microscopy and high throughput assay development. We expect the candidate to have a basic understanding of cancer biology and small molecule pharmacology. An ability to analyze large data sets using informatics software would also be desired. Some experience will cell line engineering would also be a major plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience executing biochemical and cellular assays, preferably in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of biochemical/enzymatic assays in microplate format is required
- Experience with cellular assays and tissue culture is a plus
- Knowledge of basic enzymology and experience with data analysis methods and software, including automated dose-response measurements, is required
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation and multi-disciplinary activities of hit profiling would be advantageous, as would experience in developing assays for high-throughput screening
The right candidate will possess the required scientific experience along with good communication skills, the ability to work effectively as part of a team, excellent time management abilities and a passion for science.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply