What we’re looking for
AmeriHome Mortgage is seeking a Mortgage Underwriter I who will perform a limited review of Conventional (Conforming, Conforming-High Balance and Non-Conforming Jumbo) and Government (FHA, VA and USDA) loans for specific issues such as appraisal, property flip, insurability, DTI, etc. Additionally, Mortgage Underwriter I will be responsible for reviewing and clearing underwriting conditions on Conventional and Government loans in compliance with current guidelines and overlays. This position can based in our Westlake Village, CA headquarters or our Irving, TX office.
What you will do :
- Manage individual pipeline on a daily basis by completing sufficient Underwriting Reviews, appraisal reviews, flip reviews and Condition Reviews, within defined turn times
- Identify any document deficiencies, add applicable conditions, and request additional information and/or documentation from Clients as needed
- Contact clients to provide updates and clarification on outstanding conditions and deficiencies identified on loans per established process
- Assist other Department personnel in interpreting underwriting guidelines and updating underwriting status and conditions to Correspondent Clients
- Perform independent research of guidelines and overlays while reviewing loans
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- 3+ years mortgage industry experience, with 2 years recent underwriting or substantial processing/loan review experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Loan quality and risk management
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer/client service skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
What will really catch our eye:
- Experience in high production and fast paced environment
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
What we offer:
At AmeriHome, our employees are our most important asset. To demonstrate our commitment to them, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive suite of benefits to help our employees manage their personal lives and plan for the future, while working hard at their home away from home. We offer a generous contribution strategy that keeps our benefits competitive and affordable and ensures that we are able to attract and retain the best talent.
Who We Are
AmeriHome Mortgage was established in 2014. By 2017, we earned the distinction of being a top 10 mortgage lender. AmeriHome is a privately held, multi-channel, mortgage investor, direct-to-consumer lender, and servicer, licensed in 49 states, and headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California with offices in Irvine, CA and Dallas, TX.
Focused on delivering excellence in lending, our motivation for success is represented throughout the company and thrives from the trust built between all employees. AmeriHome is always looking for top talent to join our growing, fast-paced, and friendly teams.