River Park Hospital, a 165-bed facility and a leader in behavioral health care, located in Huntington, WV has an opening for Registered Nurse. The schedule for this position is 12 hour rotating day shifts. There is a sign-on/retention bonus associated with this position. After 90 days of successful employment, there is a $2,000 bonus. After 9 months of successful employment, there is another $2,000 bonus and another $2,000 after 15 months of successful employment. After 2 years, there is a $3,000 bonus.
Huntington is the second largest city in WV and sits on the scenic Ohio River. It is home to Marshall University and was just recently named America’s Best Community. Snow skiing, white water rafting, zip lining, water skiing, boating, fishing, ATV riding, and hiking are some of the activities enjoyed by those who live there.
Huntington is referred to as part of the Tri-State area (WV, KY, OH) and is close to many major cities that are just a few hours away and make a great weekend get-a-way including Lexington & Louisville, KY, Nashville, TN, Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, and Cincinnati & Columbus, OH. For the nature lovers, there are 34 state parks in West Virginia, many with lodges and cabins available.
Inexpensive direct flights are provided by Allegiant Air to Myrtle Beach, SC, Tampa/Clearwater, FL, Orlando, FL, Sarasota, FL, and Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Essential Core Functions:
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family’s right to receive safe, quality, and cost effective care. Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care and information.
- Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
- Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model.
Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid West Virginia RN license with one year nursing experience and prefer six months in a mental health setting is preferred
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse is preferred
- Current certification in CPR
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations