Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Marinette, WI
Our client, a global Defense Manufacturer for the US Navy, is looking to add a Project Engineer to their Marinette, Wisconsin Engineering Team.
Project engineers coordinate "matrixed" support among the two main groupings of the Engineering Department: Functional Engineering and Detail Design. This person will develop project schedules, review proposed changes, develop technical solutions, and correctly estimate the time and effort level (hours and material) associated with new projects and changes. The Project Engineer will generate high-level estimates of effort and project duration and develop progressively higher levels of detail prior to authorization and execution. After projects are authorized for implementation, the Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring tasks are resident in the Engineering Department's integrated schedule, regularly produce reports on status implementation, and drive projects to successful completion. Project Engineers define the resources required and develop an execution plan for any given requirement assigned to a specific project(s) and the time constraints required to execute. Project Engineers are required to provide regular status on their assigned projects and the specific actions or commitments of the workforce required to manage them.
- Develop specific, task-based plans to execute projects with clearly established Estimated Completion Dates (ECDs) for each task.
- Ensure project plans are incorporated into the Engineering Department's integrated schedule.
- Develop Engineering estimates durations and budgets (hours and material) for a given task or project
- Act as Engineering's representative in the preparation of responses to commercial or government Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Notify the Manager of Project Engineering of delays and complications to project plan execution, proposing potential solutions in order to recover schedule and budget.
- Attend and potentially lead "as required" meetings to generate resolution of obstacles to assigned or related projects.
- Attend or lead "As required" meetings which are established and supported by internal engineering and external customers to provide status and assist in assigned project completion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum: B.S. in any Engineering discipline and at least 5 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
- In lieu of a B.S. degree, applicants must have a High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
- Experience planning and implementing projects with groups of up to 10 people is desired.
- Familiarity with the engineering and design process of marine vessels is desired.
- Familiarity with typical Regulatory Body Requirements associated with the shipbuilding industry is desired
ESPO CorporationLeaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying please contact us directly.
- Project Management
- Naval Architecture
- Financial Management
- Project Planning