Grow with Greif (formerly Caraustar)
If you ask our associates what they like most about Greif (formerly Caraustar), you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Greif (formerly Caraustar), our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Greif (formerly Caraustar) is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Greif (formerly Caraustar). No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Greif (formerly Caraustar), we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
General Description of Responsibilities:
Work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. (This is a part time position <30 hours.)
- Provide quality service and support to external and internal customers.
- Promptly answer customer telephone calls and respond to e-mails.
- Input Hourly Payroll / Kronos System
- Productions Reporting / CTS
- Employee Absentee and Tardy reporting
- Inputting Inventory Raw Material Consumption / CTS
- Print product and customer labels as needed.
- Material waste tracking, Quality Audits and Maintenance Reports / Excel
- Manage SDS sheets and tracking
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Greif policies and financial control procedures.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Provides general administrative assistance for special projects as requested.
- Create material or supply requisitions with Purchasing Department. Send Purchase Orders to suppliers. Receive inbound materials into purchasing system (JDE), and post to excel forms.
- Shipping logs
- AR GL-Transfers
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or College degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in customer relations.
- Must have ability to multitask and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Is punctual and reports for work as scheduled.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and act with good judgment is essential.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills plus Microsoft Office programs Excel, and Word.
- Superior interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be detailed orientated.
Setting Up Files