To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Developer UI - Austin, TX
Hubbell Inc • Austin, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Austin Design Center
1812 Centre Creek Dr.
Austin, Texas 78754
A software engineer at our Hubbell branch is involved in all stages of the software development life cycle. While utilizing your best UI design skills, you will also collaborate with our cross-functional teams, your peers, including stakeholders, to analyze business requirements and create software requirements. In this position you will create the software designs and source code, as well as conduct design and code reviews. Most of the software that we create for our Hubbell brand have integration points with our lighting controls, so you will also be working with product managers to make sure that all integration points have been included in the deliverables.
In this role you will also be analyzing existing software designs, recommend changes, and implement changes to align designs with strategic goals. You will also be involved with cloud and IoT development as well as SQL based data storage and processing. This position also interfaces with QA and other testers, but is not limited to that.
Additionally the position regularly interfaces with all areas of the company such as the senior staff, customer service, technical service, sales, marketing, product management, operations and manufacturing. From time to time it may be required to interface with customers.
Travel is not expected but because our teams are cross-departmental and distributed it may be require for you to occasionally travel to meet with other teams or to collect information at customer sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers, and peers to define requirements
- Develop software for new products based on defined requirements
- Develop UI interfaces that incorporate the latest techniques and frameworks
- Creating software that meets software specifications according to project schedules
- Create/maintain software source documents through product release
- Supporting existing products as necessary
Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of experience in developing ASP.NET website is required
• 3+ years of experience with C# is required
• 3+ Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, HTML, HTML5, CSS2, CSS3 of experience is required
• Experience with one or more Java Script frameworks is required
• Experience with delivering rich SPA based solutions is a plus
• Experience in developing Responsive UI is required
• Solid understanding of cyber security is a plus
• Hands on experience with and solid understanding of object oriented principles is required
• Experience with SQL Server and database programming is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to take products through full life cycle from concept to production
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and debugging skills
• Ability to work well both independently and within a team
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.