One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS)* has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Mission Statement: To provide superior quality healthcare services that: PATIENTS recommend to family and friends, PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients, PURCHASERS select for their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud of, and INVESTORS seek for long-term returns.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers
Aiken Regional Medical Centers, located in Aiken, South Carolina, is a 273-bed acute care facility providing quality healthcare to the residents of Aiken and surrounding communities. Aiken Regional Medical Centers has been ranked a top hospital in South Carolina by the Carolina Center for Medical Excellence for its treatment of heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. Services provided at the hospital include emergency medical care, orthopedic surgeries, maternity, and behavioral health services.
Occupational Therapist (PRN)
To provide Occupational Therapy services (evaluation, treatment plan development, treatment, delegation of treatment, and discharge planning) to patients in the acute care setting in accordance with facility policy, standards, and philosophy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conducts evaluations, considering medical history, physician orders, patient capabilities, and patient expectations
- Develops appropriate treatment plan consistent with assessment, diagnostic outcomes, while incorporating patient goals and focus on discharge planning
- Implements treatment plan in accordance with methods, techniques, modalities, and procedures
- Actively participates in committees and task forces as appropriate
- Appropriately provide patient and family education in preparation for discharge
- Meets documentation standards with patient charts
- Charge accurately and appropriately for services rendered
- Perform thorough and efficient chart review to prepare for patient care
- Positive and professional communication with interdisciplinary team members
- Timely and cost effective delivery of services
- Displays excellent customer service skills
- Delegation of patient care to COTA, if applicable, following supervisory requirements
- Assist other departments during staffing shortages.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Degree from an accredited program of Occupational Therapy (Bachelor's or Master's)
- 1 year experience in acute care setting preferred, but not required
- Current SC license and BLS
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Effective interpersonal skills.
- Clinical competence
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
ARMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse