Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an immediate opening for a Tax Accountant in its corporate Tax Department. Our winning candidate will have experience and feel comfortable working in different areas of tax, including but not limited to federal, state, and property.
- Assisting with the preparation of sales & use and personal property tax returns. This includes preparing and providing necessary workpapers to co-sourcing partners and coordinating with co-sourcing partners to ensure that all related tax bills are paid.
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of gross receipts and business license tax returns, including supporting workpapers.
- Assisting with the preparation of consolidated federal and state income tax returns, including supporting workpapers and schedules
- Preparing calculations for extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments
- Providing support for quarterly and annual tax provisions
- Assisting with various tax audits
- Researching tax issues
- Other tax projects as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- Experience working with federal, state, income, and property tax is very beneficial and preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Genuine interest in the tax field
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- The ability to work as part of a team in a deadline-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Oracle, CorpTax, and Intelliconnect (or similar software)
- 1 or 2 years of experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting are encouraged to apply
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!