Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in the job family have responsibility for distribution of pharmaceutical products, activities involved in pharmacy clinical research or the management of pharmaceutical rebates.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Positions in this function consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and/or external third parties on any or all of the following:
- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and/or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations.
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions.
- Discuss with patient’s life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance.
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance.
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations.
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/ hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative.
- Review medical case notes to determine on-going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs.
- Responsible for running test claims, documenting and submitting therapy-based drug prior authorizations to benefit plans, proceeding with referrals when approved or denied, communicating with patients, physicians, and account managers
- Responsible for monitoring assignments on the provider advocate dashboard to keep referrals progressing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 years of pharmacy experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Pharmacy Technician license
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Provider Advocate, Pharmacy - Remote.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: pharmacy, clinical, research, clinical research, provide advocate, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately, #RPO