Turner Industries Group, LLC is looking for a Project Accounting - Student Intern to join our Accounting team in the Baton Rouge area. The overall purpose of the Project Accounting Student Intern position is to assist Project Accountant and Project Accounting Manager to ensure invoicing on each project is handled in an accurate, efficient and professional manner.
- Applicant should be working towards a Bachelor's degree in the field of business, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Candidate must have experience working in Microsoft Office Suite with heavy emphasis in the usage of Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must be organized detailed oriented and self-sufficient in record keeping, and conduct his/her self in a professional manner.
- Applicant must be capable of working with remote field personnel in the collection of cost and revenue data and explanations that help expedite client billing and prompt problem resolution.
- The position allows for high autonomy. Prospective candidate must be able to set tasks and prioritize the completion of set tasks.
- Candidate must be highly analytical and confident in their ability to learn new processes and procedures due to the varying expectations of each of our clients.
- Applicant must be able to work on projects as a team. This role would involve an increased level of interaction
Daily Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employee must help Project Accountants prepare, and submit to our clients, detailed and accurate invoices of reimbursable costs associated with maintenance and construction projects.
- Employee must effectively communicate and work closely with other departments, field personnel and client representatives to adequately compile invoicing information and problem resolution.
- Employee must work well with other Project Accountants and offer assistance when a co-workers workload deems necessary. Any other free time will be filled with special projects such as client audits, system conversions, etc. as deemed necessary by Project Accountant and Project Accounting Manager.
- Employee must help Project Accountant prepare detailed and accurate month end accruals (when necessary) will help to efficiently research, report, and explain any billing transactions to Accounting Management.
Goals and Objectives:
- Project Accounting Student Intern will work closely with and assist Project Accountants and Project Accounting Manager in developing sound billing procedures for clients who have challenging billing requirements.
- Employee will work closely with and assist Project Accountant and Project Accounting Manager with the process implementations involving the billing workflow.
- Project Accounting Student Intern will work closely with and assist Project Accounting Manager to continue to strengthen billing compliance with corporate accounting procedures and processes company-wide.
- Employee must assist in special projects such as client audits, system conversions, etc.
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1099017
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Welcome to Turner Industries Group.
View the full profile
Founded in 1961 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Turner Industries Group is a privately owned company with multiple divisions of industrial entities providing specialized services to Petrochemical, Chemical, Refining, Energy, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other related industries.
Turner Industries Group built its reputation as a world-class industrial contractor on integrity, reliability and project execution. An industry leader in Construction & Pipe Fabrication, Maintenance & Turnarounds, Equipment & Rigging, and a multitude of supporting Specialty Services, Turner delivers more services to more companies in more industries than any other industrial contractor.
Employing over 25,000 craftsmen annually in our global operations, with an equipment fleet worth $100 million in replacement value, our employees and innovative approaches to client challenges are the keys to our success.
In the words of our clients, "Turner has stepped up to the plate and helped us during tough times by increasing productivity and restructuring the capital project process. By implementing the Turner Industries management systems, Turner is able to provide us with the type of information that is so vital to our success."
Let the Turner family work with you to provide cost-effective, documented savings through integrated delivery of industrial services that exceed the expectations of our clients. In that spirit, we hope you find our website a useful resource.