About the role:
See yourself starting a new career journey? As an Optometric Technician for MyEyeDr. you play an essential role by providing direct support to our Doctors of Optometry in preparing the patient for their visit inclusive of preliminary testing and measurements. No optical experience? No problem! You will be provided training and tools needed to learn about an industry that delivers our patients a best-in-class experience to help them see and live their best lives. Join our team today and help provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. This role reports to the Office General Manager but will directly support our Doctor(s). Some weekend and evenings shifts required.
* Consult with patients, accurately document existing conditions and complaints, and chart medical history to prep for Optometrist exam
* Maintain a smooth flow of patients to the Doctor and additional office staff throughout appointment
* Ensure patients are comfortable with office procedures to which they will be exposed during appointment
* Through company, training learn to use all pretest equipment to perform a range of visual screenings for patients prior to visiting with the doctor
* Conduct contact lens training for applicable patients and other preliminary testing
* Collaborate with doctor(s) and team members to provide seamless patient experience
* High School Diploma/GED with the ability to understand/do basic math
* Someone who is personable, patient and has the ability to comfort patients during screening process
* Someone who is detailed oriented and who will work closely with the Optometrist
* Willingness to learn about industry, product, and services
* Collaborative team player that will provide the best patient experience
* Prior healthcare/medical/optical background preferred but not required, training will be provided for the right candidate
Grow With Us:
* Opportunity to grow and develop your career through role specific training programs
* Potential to earn bonuses
* A comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
* Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products and services that you and your family can take advantage of
* 401K with competitive company match
* Accrued PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve?
MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients' needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all. Employment decisions at MyEyeDr. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Easton, MD 21601, USA
- Attention To Detail
- Health Care
- Interpersonal Skills
- Measurement And Metrology