The Meadows is the leading behavioral health treatment facility in Central Pennsylvania. Located just minutes outside State College, PA on a beautiful 52-acre campus, with 119 beds, The Meadows is dedicated to providing comprehensive services to children, adolescents, adults and older adults. We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC). The Meadows is committed to providing individuals and their families the hope of recovery through an environment conducive to wellness, strength-based programming, and highly competent staff.
The Meadows is seeking an experienced Business Office Director to join our leadership team. The Business Office Director’s responsibilities include directing all facets of the patient accounting and collections for inpatient and outpatient services; establish, maintain, coordinate and oversee all facility activities related to recording of revenues, billing, accounts receivable and third party logs; coordinating the verification of insurance coverages; compiling reports as required by regulation and facility; and the supervision and development of departmental staff. The Business Office Director will work closely with the CFO, Hospital senior leadership, and our Regional Corporate leadership team as well as participate in strategic planning and cross-functional teams to support and achieve hospital objectives and goals.
The position of Business Office Director requires:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
• Three to Five years of billing and collections experience and financial management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent follow through skills.
• Experience mentoring and coaching staff; ability to develop and motivate others. • Previous staff management experience (supervision, hiring, developing, disciplinary action, performance evaluations)
• Strategic and analytical thinking skills; Business Acumen.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with billing and collections in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Proficient with spreadsheets, data processing, Microsoft office word & excel, and accounting systems/programs.
Coaching And Mentoring