About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Federal Revenue Analyst.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. is currently seeking Federal Revenue Analyst to work in our Boston, MA office. This position will be part of the team responsible for PCG’s federal revenue management for the Massachusetts Department of Children & Families (DCF), the agency that manages foster care and other child welfare activities in the Commonwealth.
Supports data analysis and quality assurance related to federal funding available to child welfare agencies, particularly the Title IV-E and Medicaid programs.
An ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent quantitative abilities, attention to detail, and organizational skills who is interested in supporting the work of state government and/or human service organizations.
• Conduct financial and data analysis using Microsoft Excel and Access, including reviews of revenue reports and eligibility data.
• Assist in quarterly process to compile federal claim reports related to the Title IV-E and Medicaid programs.
• Support federal revenue claiming activities, including responding to ad hoc data requests and providing assistance with state and federal audits.
• Administer a time study of DCF employees, including technical assistance and data analysis functions.
• Identify potential improvements in business practice and compliance with state & federal standards and propose/implement quality improvement initiatives.
• Maintain standard operating procedures.
• Assure data integrity, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
• Build and maintain familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, related to federal revenue for child welfare.
• Maintain positive working relationship with the client, colleagues, and federal partners.
• Foster an attitude of information sharing and open discussion among colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Access, SQL, and/or Visual Basic language preferred.
- Detail orientation.
- Critical thinking for problem solving and data analysis.
- Ability to understand and interpret federal and state laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, including presentations and facilitating meetings.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, including delegation of tasks to others.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in quantitative field.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Attention To Detail