Empowering people who build the future.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. The company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Why you'll love it here?
At Gerdau it’s all about the people. Gerdau's growth is based on our purpose and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, our communities, and the World. Gerdau is the largest recycler in the World. Each year, we transform millions of tons of scrap into steel that is used to build the future. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity, encouraging innovation and creating products that serve humanity.
- Lead the electrical and/or mechanical technicians.
- Identify & solve chronic equipment failures.
- Run failure analysis and manage spare parts.
- Identify, plan & lead maintenance tasks
- Supervise during planned down days and outages for equipment repair.
- Articulate ideas, give feedback, resolve conflicts, and point out areas where improvement is needed.
- Must perform the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations.
- Employees must also report any situation which may have a detrimental impact to human health or the environment to their immediate supervisor.
- Other duties or responsibilities may apply.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial maintenance.
- Experience leading hourly employees is preferred.
- MS office package knowledge.
- Strong time management skills and ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Medical and Prescription
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply or email:[ Email removed ] - ||.