Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Consultant, Payer Enterprise Transformation works with a Senior Director / Engagement Manager supporting highly complex, health plan enterprise transformations. The Senior Consultant serves as the workstream lead for client engagements spanning work across people, process, and technology. This includes structuring analysis, content development for c-suite clients, and contributes to assisting more junior team members with their responsibilities. This role is a major contributor to team problem solving across full scope of each transformation. The Senior Consultant will also lead or participate in various Payer Enterprise Transformation practice development projects, proactively anticipate challenges and risks, make sound adjustments / recommendations to address issues, and play an active role in improving business processes, knowledge management, etc.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Key program / project management support for high-complexity, multi-workstream enterprise transformations
- Ability to support the development of roadmaps for identified initiatives and support the development and communication of value proposition for key client leaders / stakeholders
- Cultivate relationships and trust with partner program / project management cohorts
- Structure approach / analysis for transformation activities largely independently and contribute to assisting more junior team members with their responsibilities
- Lead client communications around own workstream and sometimes those of more junior team members
- Major contributor to team problem solving across all transformation activities
- Able to structure and drive team problem solving sessions
- Establish self as knowledgeable / credible on topics
- Exhibits a foundational understanding of health care industry dynamics
- Establish own timeline for own workstream and assist junior staff, in accordance with client needs
- Lead or participate in various practice development projects (e.g., playbook creation)
- Provide active role in improving business processes, knowledge management, etc. within the practice (e.g., building reusable templates)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in management and / or strategy consulting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Experience with client relationship management
- Proficiency in quantitative / qualitative analytic execution and synthesis
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 60%-80%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Degree in business or healthcare
- Management consulting firm experience
- Professional experience working in healthcare
- Experience conducting strategy and / or transformation projects
- Experience with Power BI and / or Tableau
- Experience working in and successfully navigating a matrixed environment
- Possess analytical reasoning and solution-focus problem solving
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate challenges and provide solutions
- Ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
- Current resident of any of the following cities: Boulder, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Hartford, CT; Houston, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.