Colonial Fuel & Lubricant Services, Inc. (CFLS) is a trusted name in the fuel and lubricant management business in the U.S. Southeast. Trust earned by consistently supplying our customers with the advantage of value-added and effective, single-source service for over 90 years. CFLS is a member of Colonial Group, Inc.
This position will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of Colonial’s products and services to the customer. Colonial’s drivers play a critical role in shaping our service reputation as a company. The Driver must exhibit a thorough understanding of the equipment being operated and the products being delivered.
• In a timely and safe manner, drives a truck to transport Fuel & Lubricants to and from specified destinations, such as plants, offices and industrial yards.
• Maintain equipment in clean, organized and safe working condition.
• Thorough understanding of all equipment to be operated, including: pumps, hoses, nozzles, and Smartruck software.
• Lifts and carries long hoses for dispensing product at customer locations.
• Maintains drivers logs per state and federal regulations.
• Maintain compliance with DOT Regulations.
• Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
• Responsible to perform pre-trip, post-trip, and in-transit inspections.
• Responsible for ensuring load is locked, braced and secured
• Expected to understand the applicable procedures in the delivery process.
• Inspect tank inventory – Check tanks to ensure proper delivery.
• Drivers are the face of the company and will be expected to look and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2+ years CDL truck driving experience.
• Class A or B CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements.
• Must have at least one year of fueling experience.
• Must have basic math and reading for English comprehension skills.
• Basic computer skills inclusive of understanding and utilizing electronic logs, employee time reporting and utilization of e-mail.
• Must be highly motivated and have a disposition for outstanding customer service and teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment for this job will include exposure to all weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move 40 - 60 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.