Robotics Service TechnicianTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Robotics Customer Service front-end - Service & Digital Platform in Robotics & Discrete Automation, delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on-site.
You will execute Service work according to agreed workflows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
**** This is a work remote job opportunity for robotics technical support / maintenance in the USA territory.***This position reports to
Field Servcie Manager- RoboticsYour responsibilities
- Service delivery - Performs Service tasks, identifies technical problems, and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.)
- Customer approach - Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation, Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs, identifies new sales opportunities, and communicates them internally
- Materials and supply - Coordinates, prepares, and ensures that all materials, parts, and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities
- Documentation and reports - Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative, Report’s work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed
- Troubleshooting - Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions, troubleshoots equipment failure, and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Operational excellence - Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further in the ABB organization, provides recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service
- Health, safety, and integrity - Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities, Reports unsafe practices and incidents
- High School Diploma, or GED, and minimum 2 years of mechanical, electrical, maintenance, robotics, engineering experience; OR Associate degree, preferably in a technical field, and minimum 1 year of mechanical, electrical, maintenance, robotics, engineering experience; OR Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, and minimum experience required in mechanical, electrical, maintenance, robotics, engineering experience.
- Open to travel about 75%.
- Preferred Qualifications: 1 year electronic and mechanical skills. Good electronic and Mechanical Experience, Mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or replacement, Knowledge of PLC communications and other robotic peripheral equipment preferred but not required.
- Formal training or equivalent experience preferred with the ability to read and understand Electrical drawings. Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Windows), ABB Robotics experience is preferred (not required).
- Ability to communicate with customers (External & internal) in high pressure situations and maintain strong customer relationships. Customer Service Background Highly Desirable, analyze issues and use of sound judgment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Robotics Service Technician http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Robotics Service Technician
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service