The Regional Controls Engineer provides technical expertise and direction for control and automation systems. This position assists with control and automation systems, data acquisition, and production network management. The Regional Controls Engineer is also responsible for troubleshooting electrical problems as they relate to the production line process. This position will provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to the Plant Controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and repair skills.
Specific responsibilities include (divided into four major categories), but are not limited to:
1. Plant engineering support:
Act as the primary internal engineering resource concerning control systems for each plant.
- Identify opportunities to improve plant performance
- Create, communicate, justify, and submit for approval control systems projects
- Manage contract resources to complete approved projects
- Support the plant capital plan (1 and 5 year) for budgeting
2. Strategic project development:
Create and maintain a “systems health” report for obsolescence and development.
- Identify and catalog all obsolete equipment within each operation.
- Present cost and priority information each year in order to get depreciation for strategic projects in the respective plant plan.
- Lead and facilitate strategic projects.
3. Plant support and troubleshooting:
Provide plant support in instances where local plant personnel are struggling.
- Provide relevant training for control systems where applicable
- Provide troubleshooting expertise through remote support and onsite support when necessary
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to plant controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and repair skills.
4. Control Group Coordination:
Coordinate with controls group for information and Standards
- Must maintain knowledge of contemporary technology and its application to this industry.
- Must communicate with controls team members through attendance at controls team meetings, conference calls, technical support (Based on GAF policies)
Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the manager of this position.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 Years of Controls Engineering experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
- GAF has several locations within the northeast region on the United States that this role will cover. The position will require 75% travel. Due to the nature of the position, this role can work remotely. However, candidates should be located near a major or regional airport or plant location if possible.