GHD has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Air Quality Engineer
with a Refinery Sector focus to join our team based out of our Irvine, California
office. Responsibilities include
- Technical problem solving for air quality issues and multi-media compliance with project management skills
- Work on air permitting projects including non-attainment new source review, new source review, PSD analysis and air dispersion modeling
- Assist in conducting regulatory compliance, permit applicability evaluations and agency negotiations
- Air Emission inventory development for industrial sources - Assist in environmental/air compliance audits
- Prepare and submit agency required reports and documents - Able to work independently with clients
- Should be able to develop new client relations and maintain existing client relationships with focus on refining and petrochemical industries
- Ability to manage projects and work as a team member
- Able and willing to mentor and manage staff
- Able to perform multiple tasks within project scope, budget and schedule and ensure quality work product and deliverables
- Willing to travel - Perform field work and field oversight of contractors
Our Commitment to you:
- Bachelors' Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or a related major
- 10-15 years of previous air compliance experience desired
- Knowledge of State and Federal air regulations
- Certified Permitting Professional (CPP) certification from South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) desired
- Experience in performing dispersion modeling desired
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and proposal writing skills
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?About GHD:As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.Interested?
submit your cover letter and resume via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status. No phone calls please and no third party firms.