To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA 94608
- Clara Cresswell
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kelly Scientific Resources • Oakland, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Registered Nurse Job Purpose The Registered Nurse is responsible for the highest standard of donor care during an individual’s participation in donor program, ensuring the collection of blood and bone marrow specimens is performed in adherence to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and external regulations. Reporting to the Nurse Director, Clinical Operations, this full-time role involves evaluating donor eligibility, performing specimen collection, documenting donor and specimen data in Donor Information System, in addition to performing administrative and non-technical laboratory duties e.g. responding to donor inquiries, assisting with donor enrollment and education, quality management activities, and staff oversight and development. The donor operations effort involves the execution of a normal human blood and bone marrow donor program allowing healthy individuals to donate specimens for scientific and medical research. Prospective donors will be screened and enrolled in an IRB-approved collection study. Three main donation types will occur at the facility; whole blood, leukapheresis, and bone marrow collections. This position will execute the scope of this operation from donor enrollment to specimen collection. This role is an integral link between the donors and the clinic to safeguard the well-being, safety and confidentiality of the donors during the donation process. The Registered Nurse is responsible for donor safety, customer service, and compliance on a day-to-day basis to ensure the integrity of collection center processes and to provide an optimal donor experience. Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties related to donor management and whole blood, leukapheresis and bone marrow specimen collection in a manner consistent with mandated regulations and SOPs, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in the Reception/Triage area of the clinic to conduct donor greeting and determine donor eligibility based on the interview and physical process. Providing donors with opportunities to ask questions, and in turn, providing explanations to ensure donor understanding.
- Performing and documenting donor screening processes, leukapheresis, whole blood collection, and assistance with bone marrow aspiration procedures in an efficient and safe manner.
- Accurately tracking donors in every step of the donation process by carefully labelling all collections, ensuring volume collected is appropriate and validating information in the Donor Information System.
- Contributing to efficient donor center workflow by assisting with the coordination of nursing, laboratory, and ancillary services on a day to day basis.
- Assuring quality control during the donation process.
- Ensuring donor safety at all times by preventing, treating, and documenting adverse events.
- Assisting with staff training and oversight.
- Assisting with laboratory functions as assigned:
- Reviewing, documenting, and following up on laboratory reports, diagnostic laboratory data and abnormal values.
- Conducting routine monitoring of equipment, working conditions, and temperature controlled areas and. Reporting any equipment problems or irregularities.
- Maintaining assigned logs and records for all collection center activities and transactions in accordance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to all HIPAA requirements to protect donor confidentiality.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and quality controlled work environment:
- Adhering to all safety/health regulatory and state/federal requirements and SOPs.
- Maintaining control logs and following quality guidelines outlined by quality assurance efforts.
- Supporting and contributing to continuous process improvement of practices to further donor satisfaction, safety, compliance, documentation and efficiency.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Registered Nursing from an accredited College or University.
- Current, active nursing license.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a clinical setting; current state license is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing leukapheresis collection procedures.
- Active CPR certification.
- Experience in oncology, apheresis or blood bank preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory testing procedures, laboratory precautions and use and care of laboratory equipment.
- Extensive knowledge in record-keeping techniques and processes.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of professional, technical and non-technical staff.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to work confidentially and with discretion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.