Food Manufacturing company
Competitive salary and full benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Empowers maintenance staff to perform repairs and maintenance actions for material handling and food processing equipment
- Be responsible for preventative maintenance program including scheduling of service/repair work. Measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction in plant mechanical downtime.
- Maintains spare parts inventory.
- Manage stock status and inventory levels.
- Be able to coordinate maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and of all refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain staff levels, render training/coaching and be responsible for interviewing and hiring process for new hires
- Manage progressive disciplinary process.
- Deliver activity and project status report to the Plant Engineering Manager.
- Adhere and maintain budgets
- For minor projects using outside services (contractors), contractor’s management is required which may require pre-bid information meetings, gather, analyze and award bids.
- Ensures department staffing is optimized throughout the week, balancing both department labor
- Abide by company contractor policy with regards to food safety and personnel safety.
- Ensures that all Company, local, state and federal laws are followed, (i.e. OSHA).
- Provides technical support to all plant departments on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain department safety record. Monitors Maintenance personnel's adherence to safety rules. Follows progressive disciplinary process to correct unsafe acts.
- BS Degree in Engineering from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor / Manager in a similar manufacturing environment is required.
- Proficiency with PLC’s, Servo system troubleshooting/programming recommended.
- Proficiency in interpreting electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings is recommended.
- Must be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, on a Windows 2000 or later-version operating system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Refrigeration license for Freon / Ammonia systems a plus.
- Zip- Roseland,CA
- Financial Management
- Food Processing
- Food Safety