Job ID: 54532
Electrical Distribution Designer-54532
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- The LVD Engineering department at our company produces quality, expert and efficient design services within scope and on-time to internal and external clients, to provide safe and reliable electric service to our customers
- Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering, the LVD Engineering Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department
- LVD Planning includes distribution circuit System Owners, and CEM includes customer Project Coordinators
- These are the two main internal clients of the LVD Engineering and Design department
- Designs flow to Scheduling (and then to Field Construction) for execution in partnership with LVD Planning and CEM
- Key Responsibilities in this area include:
- Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
- Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
- Design in a CAD system
- Identify other pole attachments
- Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements (or work with the Right of Way department)
- Work with government entities for permits (or work with the Permitting department)
- Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
- Create projects and/or orders and order materials in SAP
- Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
- Create billing invoices
- Obtaining field notes outdoors, and at times, work in remote areas on uneven terrain and/or in difficult-to-access locations
- The following skills and abilities will set you apart from others:
- Experience with electric utility
- Successfully completed electric power classes
- Electric distribution system design knowledge and experience
- Electric distribution system construction knowledge
- Experience with CAD systems
- Experience working with SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision at the assigned physical work location
- A valid driver's license
- The LVD Engineering department assists with storm and emergency restoration activities and includes both office and field assignments; employees must be willing to work additional hours as necessary to assist with storm restoration activities
- Ability to perform the above-mentioned duties in a safe manner at all times; driving to and from field (including remote) sites is required and the individual must be able to perform this function in all Michigan seasons
- A 2-year Associate Degree in the requisite scientific or technical field, of which, 48 credit hours must be technical in nature
- 48 scientific or technical credit hours as measured on a semester basis; the 48 scientific or technical credit hours can be obtained through colleges, technical institutes, licensed apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military programs, etc
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply