YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- 2021 People Companies that Care
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain the Access Control solutions by applying engineering principles. To provide consultancy service on Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC), Policy-Based Access Control (PBAC), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), and engineering support for projects and maintain a working knowledge of evolving Access Control technologies with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
The Lead RBAC Engineer is a team member with an intermediate to advanced level of skills in the areas of IAM tasks related to roles mining, roles designing, roles engineering, and roles deployment as part of our mission to improve users’ experience and automate the entitlements and roles provisioning process while reducing the security risks. The general responsibilities include performing tasks related to full life-cycle project management, establishing and leading project teams, developing and communicating project plan/scope/schedule/cost, identifying risks, resolving issues, following change management process, delivering successful project deployments, performing documentation tasks and engineering tasks in support of business needs.Lead Access Control Engineer Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of providing intermediate to advanced levels of Role-Based Access Control implementation support, including business requirement analysis, research, evaluation, design, development, configuration, testing, deployment, implementation, maintenance, and administration of roles
- Lead and execute daily operational tasks for the mission of delivering the RBAC
- Design, develop and execute strategy for the role, policy, and attribute-based access control for the Enterprise Identity and Access Management domain
- Lead development of dashboards, reports using analytics, metrics, and key performance indicators to measure progress
- Assist in securing appropriate resources and financial funding
- Ensure team backlog is prioritized based on user and business value
- Establish, maintain and manage relationships with the vendor, influence vendor roadmaps and lead the internal product/service roadmap
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues to determine the best course of action and serve as an advisor/coach in role-based access control technologies and processes
- Deliver favorable outcomes when there is a conflict of interest using technology, data, process, and market knowledge
- Assist in conducting executive briefings, delivering service roadmap presentations, defining service roadmaps to create successful launches
- Develop Access Control intelligence about user needs and behavior patterns. Create and present empathy maps to identify user access profiles. Create features based on Epic to target personas and value.
- Serve as an escalation point to work with customers, stakeholders, and IAM team members to resolve and address concerns related to RBAC
- Partner closely with other internal team members to deliver exceptional service fulfillments, timely service restoration by following the incident management process, and successful production implementations by following the change management process
- Participate in the design workshop and attend project meetings
- Actively monitor new and emerging RBAC Technologies, trends, issues, and solutions and assess their applicability to Navy Federal’s Identity Management and Governance Strategy
- Monitor and remediate compliance with the organization’s information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, and third parties.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem determination systematically to restore user access efficiently and effectively
- Create and maintain documentation to accomplish the goal of developing and maintaining reusable Knowledge Assets
- Provide rotational 24x7 on-call technical support
- Perform other duties as assigned/required.
- Hands on experience with role mining
- Solid hands-on experience in IAM domain
- Experience in implementing one or more methods: Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Policy-Based Access Control (PBAC), and Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC)
- Hands-on experience writing scripts using any of the following: PowerShell, Python, Bash, PHP, or Perl
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem determination skills with a systematic approach to solving IAM technical and business problems
- Ability to improve IAM business processes and users’ experience
- Solid hands-on project leadership experience
- Ability to collect and analyze performance statistics and recommend changes
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Experience with Saviynt’s Intelligent Analytics for Application Access Governance
- Experience with ForgeRock’s Autonomous Identity
- Experience with AI-Driven Identity and Access analytic solutions
- Experience with Access Modeling tools and technologies
- Experience with ServiceNow integration for IAM Services life cycle
- Experience with one of the following Identity Governance solutions from CA/Broadcom/Symantec, Saviynt, SailPoint, IBM, Oracle, ForgeRock
- Experience with tools to extract, transform, load Identity/Access data between different types of directory systems and user registry databases
- CISSP, CISA, CCSP, or other related Information Security certifications
- SAFe Agile Certifications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, and on-call availability 24x7 on a rotational basisLocation:
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
- Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.The salary range for this position is:
$95,600 to $163,500 Annual Salary #LI-Remote
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.