We have a Contract
role Help Desk Technician
our client Lincolnshire, IL
. Please let me know if you or any of your friends would be interested in this position. Position Title: Help Desk Technician – Level1- Lincolnshire, IL
Location : Lincolnshire, IL , Islenin, NJ (Remote till COVID)
Role : 6+ Months Contract Pay Rate : $15 - $17/hr
As the first contact or Level 1 Service Desk Technician, the position represents the face of MIS and shows users how professional and committed our department is and how important we deem our users to be. As the MIS representative working directly with users, you must be able to communicate effectively, solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. You must be customer-oriented and patient to help guide our users through the entire life cycle of the support ticket until its final conclusion.
This role will provide Level 1 technical support for incoming queries and issues submitted in person, phone, or via e-mail using the MIS ticketing system. You will filter support calls and provide basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support. As Level 1, you will gather and analyze information about the user’s issue and determine the best way to resolve their problem. Level 1 may also provide support for identified Level 2 and Level 3 issues where configuration solutions have already been documented. You will manage the ticket from start to finish, keeping the user updated on the status until closure and follow up to confirm closure with the user. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS End User Support – 100%
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Education:
- Provide Level 1 technical support for incoming queries and issues submitted in person, phone, or via e-mail using the MIS ticketing system.
- Filter support calls and provide basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, web meeting support, and ticket routing.
- Gather and analyze information regarding the support request to provide a solution using available FAQ, KB Articles, procedures, and technical documents. Update or create such documentation as solutions are determined.
- Escalate tickets to Level 2 support as needed and provide the initial analysis and facts gathered for Level 2 to continue the support.
- Set customer expectations for follow-up (i.e. when to expect a follow-up contact and by whom), and follow up with Level 2/3 on escalated tickets until ticket closure. Follow up with the user to confirm closure of the ticket.
- Provide support for new hires, terminations, and end user training.
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school): Required Experience:
- 2 years (minimum) of help desk support experience: Required
- ITIL experience is a Plus
- Basic troubleshooting and support of PC hardware, printers, copiers, and mobile devices (iOS, Android).
- Client PC connectivity and troubleshooting – Ethernet, TCP/IP, and VPN
- Familiar with basic command line network troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems both remotely and in person.
- Basic troubleshooting of home networks is required.
- Support for conference room audio and video equipment is a Plus.
- Knowledge of VMware Horizon, Notes, Cisco Phones, and SAP is a Plus.
- Proficiency with Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx is required.
Technical certifications are a plus Other Requirements:
Proficiency in English. Proficiency in Japanese or German is a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Help Desk Technician
and include 21-00682 posting in your application. also, you can call us at
and to discuss this position details. About Generis Tek
: generis tek is a boutique it/professional staffing based in Chicagoland. we offer both contingent labor & permanent placement services to several fortune 500 clients nationwide.
our philosophy is based on delivering long-term value and build lasting relationships with our clients, consultants and employees. our fundamental success lies in understanding our clients’ specific needs and working very closely with our consultants to create a right fit for both sides. we aspire to be our client’s most trusted business partner.