Apex Systems is recruiting a Production Services Operations Manger for one of our client's here in the Pittsburgh area. This position will assist with Service Operation in our client's Critical Infrastructure Services Group and work to shape the entire lifecycle of the their Production Support teams in support of highly virtualized environments. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement, and jointly lead these initiatives to completion
- Track, monitor, and improve service availability uptime metrics.
- Own the responsibility for the overall health and welfare of their assigned area of application or technology services.
- Orchestrate the tracking and monitoring of availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of their assigned application or technology application services.
- Engage the respective teams in establishing and developing a service based operating model
- Development of best practices for capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and performance optimization efforts
- Champion operational process and enforce structure, including documentation, training and runbooks, escalations, RCAs and post-motems to ensure systems are well understood and work smoothly, and recover gracefully in case of unexpected failure.
- Set an example to challenge other teams to improve operational visibility, advocacy and communication.
- Identify areas of improvement and collaborate across teams on architecture changes.
- Manage deployment - optimize, monitor, and enhance content and delivery pipelines to enable development teams to release quickly and often.
- Improve custom and enterprise tools and services supporting internal platforms and initiatives.
- Lead day-to-day activities in support of the health and welfare of the production environment
- Mentor our teams in support of a cohesive, high-performing, strategic unit - through hands-on execution.
- Set and measure critical engineering KPIs to achieve performance targets.
- Enforce a mindset of automating as much as possible to ensure scalability and repeatability of operational processes.
Qualification and skills:
- 9+ years relevant industry experience working on regulated, high-volume, high-availability infrastructure/applications.
- Engaged technologist with a passion for experimentation and innovation with ideal background spanning Systems Engineering/Administration, DevOps, Software Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience, building best practices for technology operations teams
- Data and process oriented individual, experienced with monitoring/data aggregation tools and platforms such as Tableau, Splunk and other data aggregation and analytics tools.
- Strong technology management fundamentals and a solid working knowledge of modern, agile software development principles, and microservice architectures.
- Highly skilled at optimizing enterprise orchestration and automation practices.
- 1 year contract position
- Financial experience preferred
- Degree required/type:
- Preferred but not required. Bachelors in Information Technology and Information Systems or Bachelors in Computer Science - Degree preferred but not required.
- Top 3 skills:
- Experienced with monitoring/data aggregation tools, ITIL, DevOps
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178