Humacyte, Inc. is proud to be a vaccinated workplace where all employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination is required before beginning work. Humacyte will provide accommodations as required by law.
Humacyte, Inc. is bringing to market a once in a generation scientific technology platform, bioengineering readily available and universally implantable product opportunities focused on improving lives of patients and transforming the practice of medicine. Located in Durham, NC, the company develops and manufactures acellular tissues for the treatment of diseases and conditions across a wide range of therapeutic areas. The company's innovative technology supports tissue repair, reconstruction, and replacement while overcoming limitations in existing standards of care. Initially developing a portfolio of human acellular vessels (HAVs), to target multiple vascular markets including trauma, arteriovenous access for hemodialysis, peripheral arterial disease, and coronary artery bypass grafting. Humacyte is focused on the development of future markets such as pediatric heart surgery, delivery of cellular therapies, and multiple other novel cell and tissue systems.
We are looking for additional colleagues to continue to build our expanding team. Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Humacyte organization. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and lead other professionals and peers.
The Director, Global Value and Market Access will be responsible for achieving reimbursement of Humacyte new products through demonstration of value to payers, physicians and health systems globally. This value generation will be achieved through the development and execution of global pricing and market access strategies that align with brand and corporate strategies and ensure these strategies are implemented globally. The Director, Value and Market Access will serve as a primary point of contact for leadership, cross-functional stakeholders and alliance partners related to market access and health policy planning in markets globally. The current focus of the role is on the company's lead HAV program; however, other product candidates will be under the scope of this role over time. The primary objective is to achieve timely and optimal market access and reimbursement for Humacyte therapies. Key deliverables will include value positioning and messaging, pricing strategy derived from health economic outcomes, delivery of health economics modeling messaging, value evidence generation, and the creation of tools/resources to communicate product value strategy and global market access.
* Internal and external customers and points of contact include
* CMS and other payors
* External, Health Economist(s)
* Humacyte Leadership Team (HLT)
* Humacyte Board member(s)
* Alliance Partners
This position reports to VP, Global HEOR & Market Access
Remote Work Designation: Partially Remote
* Collaborate, support development and refinement of global market access strategy from product development through launch and lifecycle management inclusive of pricing, reimbursement, value proposition, value messaging and payor strategies for all indications.
* Translate global market access strategy to a tactical plans that optimizes pricing and reimbursement in all relevant geographies, domestic and international. Accountable for budget planning and cross-functional integration with medical and brand plans.
* Monitor global payor policy trends and developments to proactively identify needs and actions to support the value proposition of the Humacyte portfolio.
* Direct input to payer national coverage policy and innovative reimbursement programs such as NTAP by supplying and framing clinical and health economic data and through coalition advocacy.
* Ensure integration of market access and payer perspectives (gained via market research or Advisory Boards) into product development plans at all stages of development in close collaboration with clinical, medical, HEOR and and commercial colleagues.
* Develop global pricing strategies and ongoing assessment and adaptation to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across geographies.
* Establish best practices and guidance for global pricing and reimbursement ways of working, inclusive of key deliverables, governance, processes, and interaction model across Humacyte, Alliance Partners, and regions/ countries.
* Perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated integrity on work-related compliance considerations and solid ethics
* Strong strategic thinking skills, ability to scenario plan, craft strategic options, prioritize and problem solve
* Proven positive and strong negotiation / influencing skills and the ability to work at a peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other functions
* Has excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a convincing way to non-technical audiences
* Displays business acumen to constructively challenge and collaborate with marketing and clinical colleagues
* Excels in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
* Maintains a Humacyte, rather than a functional, perspective and acts on the belief that solutions and plans are stronger when appropriate collaboration occurs across and beyond the Company
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Possess a positive roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and optimistic outlook
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
* Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with fluctuating priorities, and collaborate effectively with others
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
* High degree of flexibility and adaptability
* Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Must be able to work as needed to meet tight deadlines and at peak periods
* Self-motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team
* Adheres to company and facility specific policies and procedures, including SOP, training and meeting requirements
* Always observe safety precautions and regulations in all areas where duties are performed
* Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in life sciences, clinical sciences, health economics, or business degree preferred.
* 8-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry / healthcare field including significant experience (6+) in global market access, pricing, reimbursement and value assessment in a broad range of therapy areas including biologics / Rx specialty care products and devices
* Deep knowledge of US health care policy and payment systems, including Medicare and commercial payors, in all sites of service settings (inpatient, outpatient and ASCs). US new product launch experience required.
* Global market access experience inclusive of supporting strategy development and hands-on tactical execution within key geographies including but not limited to US, EU, ROW
* Proficient and knowledgeable about the market access pathways across major geographies and trends in HTA, pricing, and payer innovative access programs (ie value-based payments and risk sharing models)
* Experienced and adept at navigating international, multilingual and cross-functional organizational matrices and work effectively with Alliance Partners, Regions and Country teams
* Proven track record of translating product advantages in the context of market requirements into impactful value stories and successful negotiations with payers and health systems in securing patient access
* Stock Options
* 401k Plan with 4% Match and no Vesting Schedule
* Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
* Company Paid Long Term/Short Term Disability
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* 23 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
* 10 Company Designated Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
* Paid Parental Leave Policies
Please note, Humacyte does not provide sponsorship at this time.
- Business Communication
- Clinical Works
- Commercial Awareness
- Content Management