We believe educational inequity is the most pressing social problem facing our country and the civil rights issue of our day. Mastery exists to help solve this problem. Our ultimate goal is to create a model urban school district that serves all students with excellence. We are organized around one driving mission: All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams. To fulfill this mission, we attend to the whole child – academically and emotionally – matching high expectations for students with high levels of support.
We know neighborhood schools matter, all students deserve access to a great education, and the people in our buildings can grow and develop sustainably to make the biggest impact possible in this work.
Mastery's Equity Vision:
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to achieving our mission.
We strive to be an anti-racist school district that eliminates the inequities in academic achievement that limit our students’ choices; that cultivates classrooms where every student is affirmed, supported, and held to high expectations; and that nurtures a diverse organization where students, staff, and families are valued, respected, and included.
This role is eligible for up to $5,000 in bonuses as well as up to $5,000 for relocation expenses!
Rarely is it a text book that helps someone fall in love with science nor is it a textbook that helps build an understanding of the world we live in. This is why, as a Science Teacher at Mastery, you will lead your students in investigations, experiments, and explorations of science and scientific concepts. From the moment they enter our buildings, our young scientists engage with the hands-on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Middle School Science Teacher - 6th-8th Grade - 2022/2023 School Year
curriculum to fan the flames of their curiosity.
Our Kindergarteners through 8th Graders learn with FOSS so that, from 9th through 12th Grade, they are well-equipped for advanced classes. From 9th through 12th Grade Mastery’s students study Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (including options for AP Biology, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics). Mastery’s Central Office has developed lesson plans, benchmark assessments, and curricular guides for you to tailor and implement to meet the needs of your students.
Teaching science at Mastery you will set high expectations and provide high support so that all of your students are able to succeed. You will work alongside our Specialized Services and School Culture teams to ensure your students receive the help they need to thrive.
At Mastery we value Continuous Improvement and want you to learn and grow in your craft. We utilize a team of Assistant Principals, central-office coaches, and school-based content teams to provide every teacher coaching and feedback. We have professional development or peer collaboration time built into our calendar every Wednesday (when students are dismissed early). You will receive more than 250 hours of professional development annually and have a professional development allowance to use to further your growth.Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- Commit to professional growth, self-reflection, a receptiveness to feedback, and a desire to continuously improve
- Implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in cooperation with Mastery school-based leadership and curricular resources developed by Mastery’s central office Academic Team
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, plan events for joy and humor, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented resiliency
- Bachelor’s degree required with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
- Teacher certification - completed or in process
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies
Mastery Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
UPDATE AS OF MAY 2022 - Please review [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Middle School Science Teacher - 6th-8th Grade - 2022/2023 School Year here to learn about our approach to vaccination and testing as well as our response to COVID-19 for the 2021-22 school year. For ongoing positions, Mastery roles are designated as in-person, with regular on-site responsibilities, unless otherwise noted. As such, Employees must be able to support Mastery Schools’ academic plan and business strategies on-site – at a Mastery campus - as required.
Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on an individualized basis.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Success Driven