The Receiving Clerk at Metal-Era works Monday through Friday from 7am-3pm and is responsible for deliveries, verifying shipment records, accepting shipments, distributing materials and parts coming into the building in Waukesha. The Receiving Clerk will complete tasks and provide administrative support to the Inventory team and function in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive, and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deems necessary. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Receive incoming material by performing a visual validation of designated physical criteria and verify the packing slip to the original purchase order. Put material in designated storage areas.
- Key information into the ERP system on a timely basis, ensuring figures are completely accurate.
- Provide FIFO coil management in anchor clip location.
- Monitor & maintain Pallet storage area in yard.
- Monitor & maintain Scrap luggers working with established local scrap yard.
- Provide support in maintaining location accuracy of manufactured stock items.
- Perform cycle counts on a regular basis and conduct physical inventory according to schedule.
- Perform inventory adjustments (quantity and price variance analysis).
- Provide support on material shortages and resolve material problems.
- Maintenance and accountability for high levels of customer service (internal and external)
- Maintains good housekeeping, 5S and safety practices in work area.
- Utilize and support lean, six sigma, manufacturing methodologies to improve efficiencies by reducing waste and process variation.
- Deliver an exceptional level of service to fulfill the SPEQ Promise (Speed, Protection, Expertise, and Quality) to our internal customers, the employees.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this position.
- Capable of working the entire Microsoft Office suite (Especially Excel workbooks and spreadsheets)
- Forklift experience is mandatory
- High School Diploma, GED, and/or military experience
- 1-3 years inventory control experience required
- Fluent in English language/Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Good communication skills
- Basic skills like reading, writing, and arithmetic are important; practical problem solving and common sense are mandatory; organizational and planning abilities are essential.
- Experience working in ERP system, Sage 100 experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently, effectively time-managing and prioritizing one's own workload.
- High attention to detail and a consistent history of accuracy in completed work.
- Strong customer first mindset, and well-developed customer service skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position is primarily a plant floor position with regular visits to the office. The incumbent occasionally performs work-related travel, less than 20% of the time. The role is primarily scheduled weekdays, and during first-shift hours; however, some projects and initiatives may require the flexibility to occasionally work on weekends or during second-shift hours.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily meet the physical demands listed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Inventory Control
- Lift Operations
- Pallet Jacks
- Update Filing