BGIS is currently seeking a Critical Facilities Engineer to join the team.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. BGIS’ s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010. We have been recognized by GI Jobs Magazine for Military Friendly 2017 and 2018, along with being the recipient of the 2018 Hire Vets Gold Medallion via the U.S Department of Labor.
Visit us online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Critical Facility Engineer for more information.
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility
This person will be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS and Client standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk job sites on uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Computer Control Systems