To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Leandro, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Career Opportunities at Nelson • San Leandro, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Number: 2135414
The grant accountant will report directly to the Controller and will manage the organization's accounting for its portfolio of grants and contracts. Responsibilities include the financial management of grants to ensure compliance, maximization of expenses to the approved budget, timely billing and collection of grant and contract receivables. The successful candidate will utilize multiple systems to generate data, perform analysis, and problem solve.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Responsible for the fiscal and administrative functions of all organization grants and contracts.
- Reconcile the program/grant general ledgers and prepare necessary corrections to ensure proper month end close and compliance with all GAAP, Federal OMB, grant/contract standards and guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with grant and contract agreements while working to improve upon controls, systems, processes and protocols of organization's grant accounting functions.
- Prepare and submit grant/contract billings and Payment Management System drawdown schedules as per agreements.
- Prepare and submit other fiscal reports including FFR reports for federal grants.
- Prepare Payment Management System quarterly reports.
- Prepare cost reports and financial status reports.
- Responsible for time and effort reporting.
- Review and prepare necessary journal entries for salary distribution adjustments.
- Work closely with the Program Managers and Coordinators on budget planning, grant proposals, analysis, modifications and contract/grant matching requirements.
- Coordinate and support audits/reviews and site visits by sponsoring agencies and independent auditors, including preparation of SEFA, preparation of grant and contract related schedules and A-133 audit requests.
- Conduct fiscal audit/reviews on grant sub-contractors to ensure compliance.
- Other special projects, reporting, and analysis as assigned.
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a progressively responsible accounting role. Healthcare experience desired. Demonstrated work experience managing multiple government funded programs. Fund or not-for-profit accounting experience.
- Accuracy and precision in math, strong analytical skills, organized, team player, ability to meet deadlines. Ability to analyze and clearly communicate complex issues. Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically advanced Excel skills including: Pivot Tables, V Look-Ups, and Logic functions. Month and year end close experience using QuickBooks.
Compensation up to $34/Hr. For confidential consideration please email resumes or CALL NOW 925-924-6214
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com http://www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."