This role can be located anywhere in the US. Remote or in a Windstream office (if available).
The product management staff manager of LAN/WAN services will provide team leadership and product/service direction through an ongoing assessment of current offerings, pricing, promotions and positioning. They will own the entire product lifecycle and user experience and will develop and evaluate opportunities for new products and/or line extensions, line consolidations and EOL activities; and identify new target markets and related strategies. They will develop and maintain their group at a high level of performance. This person will work in a matrix organization to create, evaluate and implement new product initiatives / enhancements and process improvements. They are also responsible for supporting sales and process improvement initiatives as well as supporting specific sales efforts.
• Lead, manage and develop a team of product managers focused on WAN and LAN services
• Direct product management responsibility for aspects of the WAN/LAN service offering
• Identify opportunities to grow revenue, reduce churn and improve margin through the introduction of adjacent services, development of incremental capabilities, new product packages/bundles, improvements to service delivery and support, and supporting key sales opportunities
• Gather, evaluate and prioritize customer requirements. Responsible for crafting the Product Requirements Document, Business Case, and help the Product Developer with bringing new product/features to market.
• Drive and provide support for all aspects of the product marketing plan (pricing, customer targeting, positioning, retention, channel)
• Develop ideas and recommendations toward product, process and system improvements. Ensure supporting processes and systems are current and optimized. Drive towards a streamlined quote to cash system/process for the product.
• Prepare and deliver product presentations, service and solution sales training and subject matter expertise assistance.
• Regularly track and analyze funnel, revenue, churn, margin and product operational performance metrics and design, propose and execute methods to improve product execution
• Regularly analyze and report Customer Satisfaction results and drive initiatives to increase the net promoter score
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
• Management or supervisory experience required
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• A combination of education and experience is acceptable
• Able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority and have excellent teamwork and leadership skills
College degree and 4-6 years professional level experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or 8 years professional level related experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Customer Relationship Management